The Breast Health Team at Wilmington Health provides comprehensive breast care, in a patient-centered environment that is dedicated to offering the most up-to-date technology available. We offer a full team of specialists that are committed to providing the best possible care to our patients. We work with you to facilitate the next steps in breast health & breast cancer screening. Our team provides a comprehensive pathway to walk women and men through their care, from diagnosis to wellness.
Your Breast Health Team includes:
Primary Care — Each of the caring providers in these departments offers yearly screenings and recommends monthly self-checks.
- Internal Medicine – The physicians and advanced providers of Wilmington Health Internal Medicine diagnose and treat non-surgical illnesses in adults. These providers attend to primary healthcare needs including regular health examinations, preventive services, and addressing acute illnesses as they come up.
- Family Medicine – Wilmington Health Family Medicine is here to meet the comprehensive healthcare needs of all family members. Our goal is to provide you with a medical home, a concept that was developed in primary care and is supported by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
- OB/GYN – The medical staff at Wilmington Health OB/GYN provides care and advice for women from puberty through adulthood. OB/GYN focuses on total women’s health and well-being. A prime example of this effort is our Mammography Screening Program, designed to provide women with early detection options.
- Breast Surgery – Our compassionate surgeons perform breast biopsies, mastectomy/lumpectomy, and partial mastectomy/lumpectomy.
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – Our dedicated surgeon performs breast reconstruction and breast implant surgery related to diagnosis, treatment, and recovery from Breast Cancer.
- Mammography – Annual screenings with a digital mammogram offers clearer images and a faster exam. However, Digital Mammography only provides screenings, so they only test asymptomatic women. Our Mammography Team includes a Board-Certified Radiologist and specialty-trained technicians — all dedicated to patient care.