Choosing Hearing Aids
Some hearing conditions cannot be corrected with medical interventions, so Wilmington Health offers a wide variety of hearing aid technologies to meet our patients' needs. Our audiologists will help you select the type of hearing aids that are right for you.
The style and electronic circuits of the hearing aids will vary according to each patients' needs. Some factors our audiologists consider:
- The severity of hearing loss
- The size and shape of the ear
- The patient's personal preferences
- How well the patient can use their fingers and hands (manual dexterity)
- The availability of the new hearing aid technologies