Medical Condition: Type 2 Diabetes and Hypertriglyceridemia
Age: 18 or older
Description: The purpose of this study is to compare how effective and well-tolerated Epeleuton is when compared to placebo in patients with hypertriglyceridemia and type 2 diabetes. You will be asked to take either the study drug or placebo with food or within 30 minutes after a meal. This research study may be an option if you:
- Have been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes for at least 90 days
- Have a history of an HbA1C between 7.0% and 10.0%
- Have a history of an LDL cholesterol level between 40 mg/dl and 130 mg/dl
- Have been on a stable diabetic medication for at least 90 days
- Have a BMI between 25 kg/m2 and 45 kg/m2
- Do not have a history of uncontrolled hypertension
Other criteria apply. Please make sure to discuss with a member of our research staff to ensure this study is a good fit for you. Qualified participants will receive all study-related care and study medication at no cost.
Patient Commitment Duration: Approximately 28 weeks
Number of visits in study: Approximately 8 clinic visits and 1 phone call
Patient Compensation: Financial compensation will be provided for time and travel expenses.
The team at WH Research can guide interested clinical research participants through the process of enrolling in a trial.
Please call 910-799-5500 between the hours of 8am-5pm for general research questions.