Medical Condition: Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Diarrhea
Description: The purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety, activity and side effects of an investigational drug for Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Diarrhea. This research study may be an option if you:
- Have been diagnosed with IBS-D
- Have not used loperamide within the last 14 days
- Have been on a stable diet for the past 12 weeks
- Do not have a history of clinically relevant pancreatic conditions including:
- Pancreas Divisum
- Sphincter of Oddi (SO) Dysfunction with Pancreatic Manifestations
- Don’t have a history of biliary pathology including acute cholecystitis within the last 6 months
- Don’t have a planned elective surgery within the next 4 months
- Don’t have difficulty swallowing pills
Other criteria apply. Please make sure to discuss this study with a member of our research staff to ensure this research study is a good fit for you. Qualified participants will receive all study-related care and study medication at no cost.
Patient Commitment Duration: Approximately 4 months
Number of visits in study: Approximately 8 clinic visits
Patient Compensation: Financial compensation will be provided for time and travel expenses.
The team at WH Research can guide interested clinical research participants through the process of enrolling in a trial.
Please call 910-362-4040 between the hours of 8am-5pm for general research questions.