Pump Club Meeting scheduled for Thursday, July 19th
Hello Pumpers and Friends,
We have scheduled a Wilmington Pump Club meeting for Thursday, (that's Thursday not Tuesday) July 19th at 6PM at Wilmington Health, 1202 Medical Center Drive in the 2nd floor lobby. Our purpose is to answer all questions this time for sure and we have 2 experts to help. Janna Bauer RN (previously Medtronic Clinical Expert in Wilmington) and our favorite, Linda Sharenow RN CDE RD. If they can’t answer your questions and give good recommendations, I don’t know where you can go. Janna now works for Novolog and will discuss the new Novolog FIASP Fast Acting Insulin. We very much like all your opinions and ideas on managing Type 1 Diabetes. There also have been some recent approvals by the FDA to discuss:
The recent progress includes:
- Expanded approval of the MiniMed 670G hybrid closed-looped system for children aged 7 to 13 with T1D.
- Approval of the Eversense continuous glucose monitor (CGM) system for use in people 18 years of age and older with diabetes.
- Approval of the Tandem Diabetes Care®, Inc. t:slim X2™ Insulin Pump with Basal-IQ™ technology.
- Approval for Insulet’s DASH Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM) handheld, Bluetooth-enabled tubeless pod and paired user/caregiver mobile apps.
- An updated coverage policy from CMS to reimburse CGM platforms that enable Medicare beneficiaries with T1D to share data through a smart device.
Hope to see you on the 19th!